Can My Housekeeping Crew Clean Up the Water Damage in My Middletown Office Building?
SERVPRO provides advanced detection devices to mitigate commercial water losses in Middletown buildings
Moving Forward with SERVPRO's Trained Technicians Offers Middletown Business Tenants Confidence that Water Damage Is Handled Professionally
A supply line leak spread water throughout the Middletown office building you manage over the weekend. Your building maintenance and cleaning staff are willing to do their best to manage the damage, but is that the most sensible course?
Why Should Restoration Professionals Take Charge of Commercial Water Damage?
When you own or manage a multiple unit commercial building, you have a duty to your tenants to provide fast, expert response to water damage. Middletown business owners expect the restoration to conform to the best practices in the disaster recovery industry. Our managers and technicians master comprehensive coursework presented by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the international standard-setting organization for restoration firms.
What Are Examples of Best Practices in Commercial Water Damage Mitigation and Remediation?
When SERVPRO arrives, we follow a protocol that ensures the occupants' safety and removes the water and dries out the space. The following is a typical agenda; we personalize your plan to reflect unique circumstances.
- Electrical and slip, trip, fall risks identified and adaptations made
- Location determined of water collected in cavities that threatens structural collapse, water release strategies selected and implemented carefully
Extent of Water Incursion Documented
- Infrared imaging and moisture detection and metering completed by trained technicians
- Data recorded for drying goals and monitoring
Methods include submersible pumps, truck-mounted and portable extractors, and negative pressure systems to suction water through floor mats and hoses threaded into strategically placed holes
- Drying goals use data collected for both wet materials and unaffected materials in other areas of the commercial building
- Balance among temperature, air movement, and dehumidification struck to evaporate absorbed water for capture and appropriate disposal
Partner with SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain when water damage affects one or more units in your office building. Your reputation as a responsible and reliable commercial landlord can only improve after our skilled and well-equipped crew arrives to set things right after a call to (860) 826-5169.
How Does Fire Damage Mitigation Protect My Middleton House?
Fire damage can cause many problems for you and your family. If this happens to you, be sure to contact SERVPRO to remediate the damage.
Some Information About Fire Damage Remediation in Middletown That You Need to Know
House fires in Middleton can lead to additional damage, making timely mitigation crucial. Without the skills of SERVPRO’s professional mitigation team, the charring, blistering, and other changes seen throughout the area touched by fire can worsen.
What happens to a home’s condition in Middleton after fire damage happens?
- Weakened wooden frames can twist more under the weight they could previously hold,
- Slight movements of the home can lead to cracked walls, twisted floors, and stress on gas lines,
- Water hosed into a house can cause additional structural weakness and microbial growth.
However, none of these situations needs to happen. SERVPRO can send a crew to begin mitigation work on your Middletown home after a fire.
Who will do the work on my home?
SERVPRO hires individuals who want to help our community through working on homes and businesses after a disaster causes structural damage. These employees quickly become Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified. We also use internationally accepted methods of restoration for contents. Our building crew is always ready to help, as well, making the entire process, from the time the fire department leaves to the day your family returns home, as simple and straightforward as possible. They install carpeting and other flooring, as well as many other services. Our network includes specialists who can assist in recovering unique items, as well.
How does fire damage mitigation make a difference for my home?
Instead of hoping for the best with a house after sustaining fire damage, SERVPRO restores order and reduces the amount of chaos your family experiences. Proper mitigation like this prepares your residence for the needed restoration work so things look “Like it never even happened.” Without mitigation, the materials used in restoration can become damaged by moisture, soot, and odors.
Contact SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain by calling (860) 826-5169, 24/7 to prepare your fire-damaged home in Cromwell, CT, Berlin, CT, or Kensington, CT for restoration.
Click here for more information about Middletown.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Middletown, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain today at (860) 826-5169 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Middletown Businesses Press on with Preventative Cleaning
When opening or staying open as an essential business, SERVPRO helps protect Middletown firms from virus and other biohazardous risks.
Business owners in Middletown that remain open are making great efforts to clean their locations to protect employees and customers.
SERVPRO of Middletown/ New Britain Helps with Commercial Pandemic Cleaning
There are obvious advantages to hiring a professional company to help with preventative cleaning. We use hospital-grade cleaning products and know which ones to use on specific surfaces and within certain indoor environments.
Our specialty cleaning employees have years of experience working with contaminated job sites of all kinds. They respond to sewage backups, crime or death scenes, mold remediation, and another microbial cleanup. Our ability to perform those complex services prepares our team for this current virus preventative services.
SERVPRO technicians receive extensive training from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). These experienced and hard-working individuals are accustomed to following OSHA, EPA, and CDC protocols. Our company offers cleaning plans for businesses that are open or closed and want to prepare for their reopening. We will work around your schedule and only do what is necessary to help manage budget constraints.
SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain can send a representative to make an inspection, or an emergency response team (as needed) to your property when you call (860) 826-5169.
Disclaimer: Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
How Can I Clean Up After Flash Flooding in My Middletown House?
Warmer weather brings storms and flash flooding. Should water invade your home, call SERVPRO!
SERVPRO can help you to dry, clean, and disinfect your home after destructive flooding after severe weather conditions
Flash flooding in Middletown can be a considerable challenge when water penetrates the exterior of your home to collect in areas like the basement, crawlspace, or first floor of the residence. Along with substantial standing water, other factors can make flooding a situation best left to the experienced professionals of our SERVPRO team.
With storm flood damage to Middletown homes, there are many stages to restore and recover the entire affected area. Because of how quickly our SERVPRO professionals can respond to storm loss emergencies, you are not waiting for days for vital efforts like extraction, drying, and disinfection. From the time that our professionals arrive, we can begin vital mitigation efforts to lessen the impact of debilitating floodwater.
How Destructive is Flash Flooding to Homes?
Natural flooding, in general, can have severe consequences for exposed structural elements, contents, and occupants of a damaged house. With the pace and destructive power of flash flooding, occupants of the structure have little time to react to changing conditions before it is no longer safe for them to remain in the house. Understanding what must occur to recover this damaged property falls into several categories of tasks beginning as soon as our professionals reach your home. Some of the hazards present with flash flooding include:
Debris and Solids – debris in the intruding water can be hazardous to the house for many reasons. Without adequate extraction and cleaning beginning right away, many floors and wall systems throughout the structure can become exposed to mud, dirt, debris, silt, and many other solids.
- Standing Water – Standing water can be threatening to your property, primarily because of the damage that it can do when water absorbs into exposed structural elements or exposure to live electrical currents.
- Structural Damages – While absorption can lead to structural deterioration, the force of flash flooding alone can damage siding, plywood, drywall, and other materials in the path of invading water.
- Contamination - All-natural flooding scenarios have to get treated as though contaminants exist, even though there are no fast and simple ways of determining what all potential health hazards could exist. Drying up the structure can pave the way for intricate cleaning and disinfection with wipe cleaning practices and ULV foggers.
What Steps Need to be Taken Right Away After Flooding?
Between emergency services and mitigation, some steps must immediately get taken if you intend to preserve exposed structural elements, contents, or other damaged areas. The faster that these practices can get implemented, the less devastating and costly the later restoration becomes. Addressing the many threats of natural flooding involves efficient practices such as:
- Extraction – removing standing water in Middletown is often one of the first things that our SERVPRO technicians must do when responding to a flood loss. Surface water can penetrate materials quickly, making it a challenge to dry or perform debris removal in affected areas of the house until pooling has gotten addressed.
- Muck-Out – Debris removal and muck-out services are a way to limit the exposure of technicians and occupants of the house to the potential contaminants that could have gotten carried into the structure. Shoveling and wet vacuuming can reduce this layer of rubbish to reduce concentrations of bacteria or other hazards.
- Content Management – Protecting what matters most means having professionals to care for your personal belongings with the same experience and consideration that they provide your house. With on and off-site recovery options, we can restore many of the exposed belongings to their original conditions.
- Air and Surface Cleaning – Emergency services and early mitigation often include cleaning the environment as best as possible. Potential contaminants exist in a workspace both on surfaces and in the air, so we need HEPA filtration equipment to reduce airborne microbes and potent chemical solvents and antibacterial products for wipe cleaning surfaces.
Are There Trained Professionals to Handle Contamination?
Our SERVPRO team can handle not only the extraction and drying of your home following a flooding incident but also the decontamination and cleaning. Because natural flooding is a blackwater incident, meaning that it can contain harmful and hazardous contaminants, we utilize our highly trained biohazard recovery professionals to oversee the safe cleaning of your home to make it safe and sanitary. These technicians are among the most well-trained in our roster, acquiring education and certification from:
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Bio Recovery Association (ABRA)
Flash flooding can be overwhelming and destructive for your home, but our SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain team can help. Contact us today at (860) 826-5169.
Whom Can I Call For Professional Water Damage Services in Middletown?
If your home has suffered sudden water damage, get assistance now.
Hire SERVPRO Today For Fast, Effective and Professional Water Damage Remediation
Water damage is a common occurrence; however, many homeowners find themselves unsure about seeking out help when it strikes. Whom should they call? What can they do? Many questions can rush through their mind and make the decision much more daunting than it needs to be.
Here at SERVPRO, we provide fast, effective, and professional water damage remediation services to Middletown. Once we receive your call, it is always our goal to swiftly assemble a team of our IICRC (Institution of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration)-certified water damage restoration technicians (WRT.) Once gathered, we can send them to your home with all of the necessary equipment to remediate the damage inside.
How Does SERVPRO Get to My Home so Quickly?
No matter the day of the week, or the time, we take measures to ensure we can get to the damage as soon as possible. Here at SERVPRO, we can:
• Pre-load our vehicles with the necessary equipment for water losses
• Use GPS devices to ensure we travel the fastest route to your home
• Follow the guidance of an Emergency READY Profile Plan (if Applicable)
Once we're in your home, we always strive to get the job started as soon as possible.
What Can SERVPRO Do to Remediate the Damage in My Home?
Once our technicians have established a plan of action, we can immediately get to work. Our technicians can begin water damage restoration by:
• Setting up drying equipment, such as dehumidifiers and flood drying mats
• Locating hidden pockets of water with thermal imaging cameras
• Making any necessary flood cuts and attending to any demolition needed
Swiftly removing water damage can help prevent further problems, such as mold damage and decay.
If your home has suffered sudden water damage, get assistance now. Get in touch with SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain by dialing (860) 826-5169. We're ready to come to your aid.
For more about Middletown click here.
Why Should Middletown Residents Use Water Damage Restoration Specialists?
This is just some of the restoration equipment that we have available to restore your home. Call us today!
Using One Company for Water Damage and Repairs in Middletown Makes Good Sense
Water damage is one of the costliest events that can happen to a home. As little as one inch of water can result in a considerable loss for a home in terms of structural elements and contents.
Middletown properties with water damage frequently need more attention than water extraction and drying. Water has the propensity to migrate and wick into sheetrock, behind baseboards, and under the flooring, resulting in the need for large-scale restoration efforts.
Water loss in a home cannot get diagnosed visually. The visible water may only be a portion of the removal needs. Once free from the pipes, water migrates rapidly, and the techs rely on specialized equipment to scope the property to determine the actual scale of the cleanup needs.
Not Everything Can Get Restored
Once water enters the core of the sheetrock, it is often beyond restorable. The techs measure above the visible waterline by several inches and cut away the moisture-laden building materials, halting any further loss to walls or ceilings.
Flooring is another area that gets profoundly affected, particularly tile and glue-down flooring. Once it has prolonged exposure to moisture, it can delaminate. SERVPRO techs always attempt to clean and restore tiles for reuse to save homeowners the cost of replacement, but whether or not it is possible depends on the construction materials.
Controlled Demo is a Part of Water Loss Cleanup
The removal of sheetrock, delaminated flooring, and baseboards are typical parts of the restoration process. The damaged building materials get removed, and the property gets prepped for drying and final cleaning before repairs happen.
Finding and vetting a contractor takes time. It makes good sense to reopen to clients as fast as possible to let the techs that did the cleanup and restoration services also complete the needed repairs. With their general contractor licenses #HIC.0652559, they can reinstall flooring, repair the sheetrock and do any finishing touches such as painting to bring the home to its pre-water loss condition.
SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain at (860) 826-5169 handles any size water damage and reconstruction needs for local properties, making it, "Like it never even happened."
More about Middletown.
Is it Possible to Save Water Damaged Items in My Home?
SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle all types of water damage.
SERVPRO Can Save the Personal Belongings in Your Middletown Home After a Water Damage Incident
One of the common calls that we get at SERVPRO is a customer who is dealing with a water loss inside their Middletown home. We understand that your belongings are valuable to you, so we work quickly and put together a plan that allows us to salvage as much as possible. Each job site is unique, so we formulate the best combination of techniques, equipment, and skills to get the job done.
What Happens When You Arrive at My Home?
Once you call on our team at SERVPRO to help with your water damage in Middletown, we come out to perform an assessment. The crew chief works with the technicians to put steps into play that allow us to clean up the water and make sure that your belongings are addressed in a timely manner. The initial phase of our cleanup efforts set the tone for the rest of the steps moving forward.
What Are the Different Types of Water Damage?
Salvageability of the items throughout your home will depend on whether the water is deemed clean or contaminated. Clean water incidents have a much higher salvageability rate, whereas contaminated water incidents pose potential health hazards that may limit the number of items that we can save.
Clean water incidents include:
- Water that comes from leaking appliances, such as dishwashers, water heaters, etc.
- Water from leaking or burst pipes
Contaminated water incidents include:
- Sewage backups
- Flooded basements
- Overflowing sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets
- Flooding that results from firefighting efforts
- Floodwater from storm damage
What Can SERVPRO Do if My Belongings Have Been Saturated for a Long Time?
We always take into consideration the length of time that the materials and belongings inside your home have been saturated with water. The longer that certain elements sit in the water, the further the water is able to penetrate. For example, solid wood furniture does not take on water as fast as a pressboard or drywall. Any porous materials like carpeting, upholstery, and other fabrics have an increased risk of mold and mildew growth. Our technicians work quickly to increase the chance of restoring your porous interior belongings, while non-porous items like porcelain, metal, or marble can be dried and disinfected much faster.
What Do You Bring to Help with Water Restoration?
We utilize a wide range of professional equipment to help us address water and moisture removal throughout your home. Once we determine the level of water cleanup necessary, we then deploy pumps and extractors to remove as much as possible in a short period of time. Some of the equipment on the trucks that allow us to commence with water restoration include:
- Portable or truck-mounted extraction units that help address varying levels of water removal.
- Deep extraction equipment like self-propelled tools and stationary tools use weight to help push water from carpets and padding so that the vacuum unit can take it away.
- Light wands, also known as carpet wands, help remove water from the glue-down carpet.
- Air moving equipment helps speed up evaporation and drying times at the surface level. We strategically place air movers to produce optimal airflow that replaces the cool air at saturation level with drier, warmer air from our dehumidifiers.
- For hidden moisture within wall cavities, our technicians use structural cavity drying equipment. This allows us to direct airflow throughout wall cavities while increasing the rate of evaporation.
- We also carefully place dehumidifiers that help our crew to remove as much water vapor from the air as possible. Lowering this water vapor in the air also cuts the humidity levels, thus speeding up drying times. We use a unique formula that tells us how many dehumidifiers should be used in unison with air movers to provide optimum results.
How Can I Be Sure That My Home Is Safe from Mold Growth?
In order to successfully complete a water cleanup project, SERVPRO technicians thoroughly clean and disinfect surfaces with industrial-strength products that slow or inhibit microbe growth.
- Broad-spectrum EPA-registered disinfectants are applied to non-porous surfaces when potential microbial contamination is suspected.
- Products are applied to walls, baseboards, subfloors, and any other organic materials prone to odors and microbe development.
- Non-porous surfaces are wiped down and thoroughly disinfected.
- Deodorizes may also be applied to the backs of carpets, carpet fibers, and other materials to help cut back on odors.
Our technicians follow standards put forth via the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC). We always ensure the health and safety of all occupants and our workings, taking the time to document all procedures and conditions. This allows us to set a solid course of action for your water cleanup, drying, cleaning, and any necessary repairs.
Call us today at SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain at (860) 826-5169 if you need help addressing water damage in your home! We are available 24/7 to make it “Like it never even happened.”
We Get You Back In Business In Middlefield After Water Damage Strikes
Our LGR low refrigerant dehumidifier removed high volumes of water vapor in this home after a water damage disaster.
What is the Best Way to Tackle Commercial Water Cleanup in My Middlefield Office?
SERVPRO Speeds Up Water Removal to Get Your Middlefield Business Up and Running Quickly
Coming into your business in the morning and finding water flooding the office is a situation that often causes panic. SERVPRO can make sure that this emergency is under control with our prompt response times and proven methods for water removal.
When you call us to your office for commercial water cleanup in Middlefield, we act fast to halt the migration of water while ensuring that your office does not become overrun with mold and mildew.
How can SERVPRO make sure that my office is free of destructive moisture?
- Our fleet is equipped with powerful water damage extraction tools and truck-mounted vacuum units to pull the moisture from your office interior, including the carpeting and padding below.
- We bring in air movers to create the perfect amount of airflow and desiccant dehumidifiers that pull water vapors from the air.
- After we use thermal imaging tools to ensure all moisture is gone, we then apply powerful disinfectants to all surfaces to inhibit dangerous mold and mildew growth.
SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain is available to handle all of your commercial water cleanup concerns. Call our team at (860) 826-5169, so we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
See more about Middlefield.
We Act Fast In Middletown After A Flood
We have the expertise, equipment and experience to handle your flood damage restoration services. We are available 24/7 to prevent further damage.
Removing Flood Damage from a Middletown Basement
Flooding is the most common natural disaster that occurs in the US today, and there is no part of the country that has not, at some point, experienced flooding. Basements, which are already prone to water damage, are especially vulnerable to flooding due to the massive amounts of water involved in ground floods, flash flooding, and related disasters.
If your property in Middleton requires flood damage cleanup, SERVPRO's emergency-response team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to return your home to a preloss condition. Technicians receive extensive training in flood damage safety, odor removal, mold remediation, and biohazard cleanup. No matter what floodwaters bring into your home, these restoration pros can clean the damage and sanitize your basement. This SERVPRO also offers residential contracting services for homeowners (license #HIC.0652559).
Precautions to Take After Flooding
- Extract water if it is safe to do so. If you find sewage or other contaminants in water, do not try to remove this on your own. Call a mitigation crew to take care of these flood damages. Sump pump systems, drains, wet/dry vacs, and mops can aid in removing smaller water damages.
- Check your gutters. Clogged gutters, drains, and downspouts are a common cause of basement floods, so keeping them clean is essential to prevent water from coming into your home.
- Freeze water-damaged documents. Drying these materials in the same way you would other items can warp and damage them further.
- Elevate items. Use water-resistant shelving and containers for personal effects and cinder blocks for furniture.
SERVPRO Removes Flood Damage Odors
This team's odor control technicians (OCTs) can use a variety of deodorizing techniques to address different odor sources in your basement. Disinfection with EPA-registered biocides is essential to odor removal. Ultra-low volume fogging can saturate surfaces with water- or solvent-based deodorizers that are highly effective at eliminating odor-causing particles. If mold has developed in your basement from floodwaters, HEPA-filter air scrubbers can significantly improve indoor air quality and prevent the spread of mold spores.
SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain saves homes by being Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (860) 826-5169 for emergency-response service that starts within hours of your initial contact.
See more about Middletown.