When should I replace my Heating/Cooling Equipment?
Certain telltale signs indicate it's time to consider replacing heating and cooling equipment, or improving the performance of your overall system. It may be time to call a professional contractor to help you make a change if:
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold
- No one is home for long periods of the day and you do not have a programmable thermostat
- Your home has humidity problems
- Your home has excessive dust
- Your heating or cooling system is noisy
It's also important to change Air Filters regularly. Check your filter every month, especially during heavy use months (winter and summer). At a minimum, change the filter every 3 months. A dirty filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool.