Hurricane season ends November 30th! Are you prepared?
Atlantic hurricane season begins June 1, 2017 until November 30th. As a leader in damage restoration, we understand the importance of being 'Ready for whatever happens'. Below are some vital bits of information regarding hurricane stages & categories along with tips from our partners at the American Red Cross on how to keep your home and family safe before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Tropical Disturbance (Tropical Wave) Thunderstorms with very little wind circulation.
- Tropical Depression Thunderstorms with increased wind circulation
- Tropical Storm Thunderstorms with sustained maximum winds, intensified to 39-73 mph
- Hurricane Sustained maximum wind speed is 74 mph or greater
Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale:
- Category 1: 74-95 mph - Minimal Damage
- Category 2: 96-110 mph - Moderate Damage
- Category 3: 111-129 mph - Extensive Damage
- Category 4: 130-156 mph - Extreme Damage
- Category 5: 157 mph or more - Catastrophic Damage
Learn how to keep your family safe during a hurricane: Hurricane Safety