Hurricane season ends November 30th! Are you prepared?
Atlantic hurricane season begins June 1, 2017 until November 30th. As a leader in damage restoration, we understand the importance of being 'Ready for whatever happens'. Below are some vital bits of information regarding hurricane stages & categories along with tips from our partners at the American Red Cross on how to keep your home and family safe before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Tropical Disturbance (Tropical Wave) Thunderstorms with very little wind circulation.
- Tropical Depression Thunderstorms with increased wind circulation
- Tropical Storm Thunderstorms with sustained maximum winds, intensified to 39-73 mph
- Hurricane Sustained maximum wind speed is 74 mph or greater
Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale:
- Category 1: 74-95 mph - Minimal Damage
- Category 2: 96-110 mph - Moderate Damage
- Category 3: 111-129 mph - Extensive Damage
- Category 4: 130-156 mph - Extreme Damage
- Category 5: 157 mph or more - Catastrophic Damage
Learn how to keep your family safe during a hurricane: Hurricane Safety
Top 5 Ways to Counteract MOLD GROWTH
What's the key ingredient for a successful mold problem? If you guessed water, you guessed right! Mold spores are ubiquitous, but that doesn't mean that you are involuntarily subject to a mold issue. Here are a few ways you can be proactive.
5 Ways to Counteract MOLD GROWTH:
- Clean gutters regularly
- Check your property for leaks
- Dry wet materials within 24 to 48 hours
- Run an exhaust fan in high moisture areas
- Keep indoor humidity levels below 45 percent
If you already have a mold problem, contact us to schedule an inspection. Our highly trained and certified professionals provide the remediation services you need.
So, if you have questions about our mold remediation process or need services, call us at 860-826-5169.
We're 'Here to Help'!
What's that smell? SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain Offers Odor Removal And Deodorization
What's the best way to remedy foul indoor odors? Sure, venting the structure may help. Cleaning is also effective. Though, there are certain odors that are a little difficult to get rid of.
Odors that may require deodorization:
- Animals/Animal Feces
- Raw Sewage
- Pet Urine
SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain offers odor removal and deodorization to eliminate offensive odors. We understand that these odors can come from a number of sources both inside & outside a structure (and in some cases - a motor vehicle).
We help to identify the source to ensure proper removal of the odors. No masking! No short cuts! If you need help identifying a structural or vehicular odor call us today to schedule an assessment. (860) 826-5169
We're 'Here to Help'!
Smoke & soot damage giving you problems? SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain can handle it!
After the smoke clears, the soot damage becomes visible. That's where our experts come in. We assess the damage to determine the type of soot as well as the best approach to begin cleaning efficiently.
After a fire:
- Watch out for electrical hazards
- Stay clear of heavy wet building material
- Avoid cleaning any affected walls, floors, etc.
- Refrain from coming into contact with soot covered items
- Restrict movement in the affected areas (as soot particles can settle deep into upholstery)
Every fire loss is unique and requires a specialized cleaning method. SERVPRO is the brand you know & trust when it comes to damage restoration & cleanup.
If you have smoke or fire damage, we have a solution.
Call now to speak with one of our professionals! (860) 826-5169
SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain Can Help Your Educational Institute
SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain's goal is to make sure that your academic environment is safe & suitable for your students. We have the expertise and training to help with cleaning challenges that go beyond the scope of regular janitorial services.
- Professional Water Removal/Extraction
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Post Construction Cleaning
- Biological Hazard Cleanup
- Odor Identification
- Mold Remediation
- Sewage Cleanup
- and More
Our fast turn around time and effective cleaning techniques will guarantee minimal interruption to your classroom setting. Through proper mitigation & remediation, we'll provide a clean and healthy environment in a timely fashion.
SERVPRO is the brand you know and trust! Having a qualified company saves time and also keeps costs low. SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain can provide this continuity by supervising the full range of services that will bring your establishment back to full functionality.
If you have questions about our services or want to schedule an assessment for future services call us at 860-826-5169.
Compulsive Hoarding Cleanup: SERVPRO of Middletown/New Britain Can Help!
Don't confuse hoarding with the hobby of collecting. They are two completely different things. Though they both share the common act of holding on to specific items, collectibles tend to have immense value and are stocked in an organized fashion. On the other hand, hoarded items tend to lack value, but hold a psychological attachment making it difficult to discard nonessential articles. The disorganized clutter that follows is often a clear indication that professional cleaning services are needed.
You need a company that understands the psychological aspect of hoarding. Our professionals have the compassion, training, and certification needed to handle any sized hoarding cleanup project. Call us if you have questions about our procedure or if you or someone you know is in need of a professional deep clean, bio hazardous remediation, and/or toxic waste removal. We specialize in restoring homes and apartments for those displaced due to hoarding. Call today 860-826-5169
Sewer backups: What are the common causes? How can SERVPRO Help?
Have you ever experienced a sewer backup? If not, you’re not missing out on anything. They can be extremely smelly and hazardous…but what causes a sewer backup?
Some of the most common causes of sewer line backups:
- Cities with merged sewage/storm water systems (when there’s heavy rainfall – can result in a backup)
- Blocked drain (from pouring viscous substances like oil & grease down your drain)
- Blockage in the main sewer line (from damaged pipes or soil settlement)
- Items that don’t flush well other than human waste
As with any other type of loss, prompt cleanup is crucial after a backup occurs. We want to help you minimize secondary damage & avoid health risk. That’s why we offer 24 hour emergency cleaning services. Trust the team that’s ‘faster to any size disaster.’ Contact our office at 860-826-5169
We’re always ‘Here to Help’!
April showers can bring more than May flowers! Are you prepared?
A sufficient amount of rain can cause severe flooding, especially to the basement of your home. All it takes is an aperture in the foundation of your property. Are you prepared to handle flooding from heavy rains?
An ounce of prevention:
Things you need to know/do
- Know the phone numbers to your local emergency responders (Fire, water depts…)
- Know whether or not the sump pump in your basement is functioning properly
- Ensure that your gutters are clear and drainage is away from the dwelling
Also take some time to review your insurance policy before you have a loss.
If you need flood cleanup services, do not hesitate to contact our office at 860-826-5169. We offer 24 hour EMERGENCY cleanup services.
Remember we’re always ‘Here to Help’!
Soot everywhere! Can SERVPRO help?
What is soot?
Soot is a byproduct fabricated by the incomplete burning of organic substance. Such materials include:
- fuel oil
- solid household waste
Soot is a fine black powdery substance that may contain a number of carcinogens.
Sometimes a furnace unleashes an immense cloud of soot that can coat all of the walls, ceilings, and other surfaces of your home. This is called a "Puff Back". The severity of a puff back can vary considerably. It can even occur without notice. If your walls have black streaks and are difficult to clean a puff back is likely the cause.
We’re offering a free home inspection to determine if your home has soot damage. On average the inspection takes less than 30 minutes. Call us today to schedule an appointment! 860-826-5169
We're 'Here to Help'!
Brush fire prevention: How can you protect your property?
Backyard fire pit
You can protect your home or property from a potential brush fire by reducing the available fuel on and around your premises. Discard dead branches, leaves, brush and tree limbs that hang over your home. Instead of using an organic mulch, use gravel or another non-combustible material next to the building. Choosing nonflammable roofing, fire-resistant siding, and attachments such as fences, decks & porches that are fire-resistant can prevent fire from spreading to the main structure.
Below are safety tips to prevent brush & grass fires:
- Comply with any local requirements pertaining to outdoor or open air burning (including campfires, brush fires, fire pits, and outdoor fireplaces).
- Closely manage all outdoor fires. Be sure to put the fire out completely before leaving.
- Refrain from burning on dry, windy days. These conditions make it easy for open burning to spread out of control.
- Do not use gasoline or other flammable liquids to burn brush, trash, or other waste.