Can My Housekeeping Crew Clean Up the Water Damage in My Middletown Office Building?
Moving Forward with SERVPRO's Trained Technicians Offers Middletown Business Tenants Confidence that Water Damage Is Handled Professionally
A supply line leak spread water throughout the Middletown office building you manage over the weekend. Your building maintenance and cleaning staff are willing to do their best to manage the damage, but is that the most sensible course?
Why Should Restoration Professionals Take Charge of Commercial Water Damage?
When you own or manage a multiple unit commercial building, you have a duty to your tenants to provide fast, expert response to water damage. Middletown business owners expect the restoration to conform to the best practices in the disaster recovery industry. Our managers and technicians master comprehensive coursework presented by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the international standard-setting organization for restoration firms.
What Are Examples of Best Practices in Commercial Water Damage Mitigation and Remediation?
When SERVPRO arrives, we follow a protocol that ensures the occupants' safety and removes the water and dries out the space. The following is a typical agenda; we personalize your plan to reflect unique circumstances.
- Electrical and slip, trip, fall risks identified and adaptations made
- Location determined of water collected in cavities that threatens structural collapse, water release strategies selected and implemented carefully
Extent of Water Incursion Documented
- Infrared imaging and moisture detection and metering completed by trained technicians
- Data recorded for drying goals and monitoring
Methods include submersible pumps, truck-mounted and portable extractors, and negative pressure systems to suction water through floor mats and hoses threaded into strategically placed holes
- Drying goals use data collected for both wet materials and unaffected materials in other areas of the commercial building
- Balance among temperature, air movement, and dehumidification struck to evaporate absorbed water for capture and appropriate disposal
Partner with SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain when water damage affects one or more units in your office building. Your reputation as a responsible and reliable commercial landlord can only improve after our skilled and well-equipped crew arrives to set things right after a call to (860) 826-5169.