You Can Count On Our Experts To Restore Your Middletown Business After A Flood
Get Commercial Flood Damage Cleanup in Middletown 24/7
Even with adequate coverage, Connecticut business owners can still find themselves vulnerable to flooding. According to United States government statistics, the average commercial flood claim for the last ten years was approximately $33,000. Annual property damage due to flooding added up to more than $6 billion on average.
If your business has been affected by commercial flood damage in Middletown, SERVPRO technicians are ready to come to your business to extract floodwaters, thoroughly disinfect surfaces with OSHA-approved, EPA-registered antimicrobials, and dry your facilities with contemporary disaster mitigation technologies. Technicians work hard to ensure that your building is restored to a preloss condition so that you can get back to business as usual.
Integrating Elevation & Floodproofing into Your Business
- Install flood shields on your property. Using flood barriers on your property is a smart way to minimize the damage that can come in from entrances to your facility.
- Store your electronics accordingly. Keep electronics like routers, space heaters, and televisions elevated on shelves, mounted on walls, or use other storage methods to keep them elevated at least two to three feet above the floor.
- Add watertight shields to windows. Over time, window sealants loosen up, which can allow water into your business without you knowing. A watertight seal can guard against this as well as flooding.
- Stock up on sandbags. If landscaping, drainage systems, and structural measures fail to accommodate flooding adequately, sandbags are highly absorbent and an excellent complement to your prevention measures during a flood.
- Consider perimeter drainage and landscaping. Something as simple as a rain garden, asphalt around the perimeter, and some smartly-designed slopes can help redirect water away from your business.
How SERVPRO Restores Your Business
When SERVPRO comes to your facility, technicians can get straight to work on moisture detection and extraction. If you have a flooded lobby, break room, or waiting room with carpet, the carpet may need removal to protect against microbe proliferation. Unlike most water damage situations, flooding requires disinfection before drying to prevent the spread of microbes through the air.
If you have a roof leak or other disaster during severe storms that can contribute to flood damage, SERVPRO can also set up air movers and dehumidifiers to dry above ceiling tiles. After disinfection and drying, remaining inventory and salvaged furniture can be moved safely back into your facility.
SERVPRO of Middletown / New Britain is dedicated to serving the community by being Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (860) 826-5169 today for cleanup you can count on for your business.
See more about Middletown.