CAUTION: Tips on keeping your walkways clean and safe!
Keeping your walkways clean and safe this season can prove to be a challenge with family and friends home for the season. That being said, there is a number of things you can do to prevent ice from forming, or to get it to disappear quickly. Follow these simple tips:
- Shovel snow in a timely manner - There is no better way of preventing ice than shoveling your walkways as soon as possible. The longer the snow sits, the higher chance for ice to form.
- Shovel away from your walkway - By shoveling away from your walkway you will prevent melting snow from melting onto your walkways and creating puddles that will eventually turn into ice.
- For temperatures below freezing but above 15 degrees Fahrenheit - Use Rock Salt. Rock salt lowers the freezing point and prevents ice from forming.
- For temperatures below 15 degrees Fahrenheit - Use Calcium Chloride also known as De-Icer. Calcium Chloride also lowers the freezing point but it works until about 0 degrees.
- Sand - Place sand over any slick areas as it helps to creates traction.
Stay safe this Winter & remember, we're always 'Here to Help'!