2017 Home Maintenance Checklist
It's important to keep your home maintained this winter! Getting a professional home inspection can have it's benefits, though there are a few task that you can perform on your own. Get the most out of your home this season while keeping your electric bills down.
Here are some helpful home maintenance tips:
- Maintain fuel tanks
- Clean/replace furnace filter
- Inspect/clean gutters (keep gutters clear of debris)
- Replace old caulking (exterior & interior)
- Inspect roof flashing, eaves & soffits (check for damaged shingles)
- Check washing machine hoses (replace damaged/worn hoses)
- Insulate your attic (to prevent ice dams)
- Maintain trees on your property (trim overgrown branches)
- Insulate Pipes (to prevent them from freezing)
- Maintain your heating system
Winterizing your home is the first step toward getting it prepped for the season. The next step is maintaining your home once winter is in effect. Be 'Ready for whatever happens' this winter!