Fireworks Safety!...using fireworks safely.
Summer is here!
If you decide to have fireworks at home, you can protect yourself, others, and the environment by following some simple tips:
- Before you light any firework, read the instructions on the back of its packaging.
- Light your fireworks in a wide-open area. Keep away from anything that could catch fire, including unlit fireworks.
- Always have an adult light the fireworks, not a child.
- Keep a bucket of water or a hose handy.
- Leave dud fireworks alone. Trying to relight them is dangerous.
- Stay sober while lighting fireworks. Fireworks and alcohol or drugs are a dangerous combination.
- Keep all unlit fireworks in their box or bag until you are ready to light them.
If you or someone else is burned while using fireworks, be sure to treat the burn under cold water for up to 20 minutes. If the burn is serious, call an ambulance.
For updates on what we're doing in the community, visit our Facebook page! Facebook.com/SERVPROMiddletown